In an extensive career Gordon has worked both in the Private and Public Sectors, and has gained vast experience in a large number of building types. He has also proved himself skilled at civic design and masterplanning.
Notable projects have included:
1. Restoration of a Grade 1 listed building, Wesley's Chapel in City Road London, and the integration of a modern office block within the confines of the Chapel's graveyard.
2. The adaptation and restoration of Oxford Place Chapel and Chambers, a Grade 2 Star listed building situated adjacent to Leeds Town Hall together with the erecting of an adjoining office block.
During his career Gordon's buildings have received 3 awards;
1. A Civic Trust Commendation for a new wing to Welburn Hall Special School, a school for physically handicapped children, near Pickering, North Yorkshire.
2. The Robertson Award , for Middlewich Distribution Centre for Tesco.
3. The Harrogate Design Award , for Homeowners Friendly Society Headquarters
Gordon brings his extensive expertise to both clients’ projects and practice management, and has also proved himself skilled at civic design and masterplanning.